Why a Masters in Mediterranean and Arab Finance and Banking?
The Arab and European economies are at the threshold of a new age. In the next 20 years both European and AME Countries will increase their economic growth through stronger integration.
Islamic Finance has emerged as one of the fastest growing industries. Forecasts expect the Islamic Financial Market to be valued at $1 trillion by 2010. There is a shortage of human resources with real expertise in the complexities of all areas of Islamic Finance to meet this growing market demand. There is a demand for new professionals with a combined knowledge of both Islamic and World Finance as well as European Union policy programs. This new demand is coming from banks and insurance companies, advisory firms, State and Municipalities financial organizations, news-media and universities.
The Department of Banking and Financial Markets at “La Sapienza” in cooperation with ISME and institutional partners ABI, UAB and Intesa Sanpaolo have designed a unique masters program to respond to this new challenging yet great economic development. The Masters in Mediterranean and Arab Finance and Banking (MMAFB) has been established to educate and train new professionals and move their career ahead in the world of Islamic and Global finance.
Islamic Finance an emerging opportunity in world finance
Islamic Finance has emerged as one of the fastest growing sectors in world capital markets today. Within the next five years the volume is expected to surpass 1 trillion USD of global worth, while today the estimate is between $600 and $800 billion with a trend of 15% annual growth rate.
There is a shortage of human resources with real expertise in the complexities of all areas of Islamic Finance to meet this growing market demand.
This new demand is coming from banks and insurance companies, advisory firms, State and Municipalities financial organizations, news-media and universities.
ISME is a non-profit organization which aims to contribute to economic and social development of countries of the Euro-Arab-Mediterranean System (AME).
ISME is focused on promoting knowledge to help increase interaction between banking and financial systems in Euro-Arab-Mediterranean countries as a basis for the development of enterprises and the economies of each country.
- The Development and integration of Banking and Financial Systems,
- The Development and integration of Industrial Services and Systems and
- The Development and Integration of Human Resource Systems.
- Educational programs, seminars, and training courses to support the development and integration of the Banking and Financial System;
- Forums and conferences in support of the interaction between companies and Economic Organizations operating in all industry and service sectors;
- Studies and publications to support the development of both individuals and organizations in the banking and financial sector, industrial and service sector businesses, public administrations and institutions in general.